Kraken Fleet - Force Concentration

 Kraken Fleet - Force Concentration


Let's start with the list itself, shall we? Quick note: If you're familiar with the most excellent Armada Fleets Designer app, then you'll be familiar with the format of the fleet list. If not, then you should know that the numbers in the parentheses next to the fleet name are as follows - number of points invested in squadrons/total number of fleet points/maximum number of fleet points.

Force Concentration (0/396/400)

================================


Star Frigate (73 + 53: 126)

· Kraken (30)

· Reactive Gunnery (4)

· Overload Pulse (8)

· Auxiliary Shields Team (3)

· Swivel-Mount Batteries (8)


Star Frigate (73 + 23: 96)

· Reactive Gunnery (4)

· Overload Pulse (8)

· Auxiliary Shields Team (3)

· Swivel-Mount Batteries (8)


Transport (47 + 11: 58)

· Munitions Resupply (3)

· Engine Techs (8)


Transport (47 + 11: 58)

· Munitions Resupply (3)

· Engine Techs (8)


Transport (47 + 11: 58)

· Munitions Resupply (3)

· Engine Techs (8)


Close-Range Intel Scan

Fire Lanes

Volatile Deposits 


There's no way this works. Why? I've got NO squadron cover whatsoever, and I have not one, but TWO Overload Pulses equipped to my ships. Why on Earth did I do this? And why am I sharing it if there's no way it works?

Because I don't *know* that it doesn't work. I can't prove it until I try it. Because there's an idea in my head that caused me to build this nonsense, and until I play it and see exactly why it doesn't work without relying on my theorizing, it'll just sit in my brain and bother me. Also, I'm interested in Separatists, but just can't wrap my brain around them just yet. There's stuff I like! But I've tried building around them countless times and just struggle. There's no one thing I love about them, or one card around which I'd like to build, like with the other 3 factions.

So what the heck am I going to do with this? Well, it's actually fairly simple: my Hardcells will be the runners who allow Kraken to work. They also hand out Con Fire tokens each turn to help with some dice control. And clearly, my Munificents are planning on triggering Overload Pulses against ships so I can switch up firing order and more easily overheat defense tokens. If I've got a Hardcell or two within range, Swivel-Mounts let me hit defense tokens with Overload Pulse from long range.

Reactive Gunnery allows me to use Salvo regardless of just about anything my opponent rolls, thus making it more likely I can overheat defense tokens while Auxiliary Shields Team helps me stay alive a little bit longer. It's an addled build, I think. I can't imagine it working. But I just couldn't figure out how I would want to use Kraken with the first Separatist wave, so this is what I came up with to try out.

To be fair, I love the Separatist squadrons! They're not generally how I play the game, but I'm pretty determined to like them in action because I really like them on paper! Straight-up, this is the best I currently have to offer with Kraken. I just can't think of anything else I'd do that makes him worth playing over Dooku (who is fine, but also doesn't fire up my imagination).

Now that AMG has spoiled 3 Separatist commanders we can expect in the next wave, I can already say with certainty that I'm more interested in the next 3 than these 2. New upgrades and ships might change that, but for the moment, I'll try this build because I feel obligated to TRY Kraken with what I've got so far...



Comments