Admiral Konstantine Fleet - What is This Fresh Bull@&%*?

Admiral Konstantine Fleet - What is This Fresh Bull@&%*? 


Let's start with the list itself, shall we? Quick note: If you're familiar with the most excellent Armada Fleets Designer app, then you'll be familiar with the format of the fleet list. If not, then you should know that the numbers in the parentheses next to the fleet name are as follows - number of points invested in squadrons/total number of fleet points/maximum number of fleet points.

Fresh Bull@&%* (0/400/400)

============================


Assault Prototype (250 + 50: 300)

· Admiral Konstantine (23)

· Damage Control Officer (5)

· Defense Liaison (3)

· Gunnery Team (7)

· Quad Laser Turrets (5)

· Linked Turbolaser Towers (7)


Interdictor Suppression Refit (90 + 10: 100)

· G7-X Grav Well Projector (2)

· Grav Shift Reroute (2)

· Projection Experts (6)


Rift Assault

Contested Outpost

Doomed Station


Let's all just agree from the outset that there's no way this works, yeah? Okay, good; we're agreed.

...

...

...

But let's just say someone decided to put something like this on the table because they could. How would it work? Now that Konstantine works with SSDs, someone is bound to try it, right? Well, we go with the Assault Prototype because there's simply no room for squadrons here. Why not? Because we've got an Interdictor for added speed screwball antics. We equip it pretty basically.  The two Experimental Upgrades are fairly standard for what we're looking at. I tried to get the G8s in there, but I ultimately couldn't find the points because the SSD *needs* certain upgrades, or we can just watch it burn together.

I can't run the SSD without Damage Control Officer, or I'm just asking for trouble. Then I need command fixing because my commander doesn't do that for me, so I've got Defense Liaison because I can't risk getting hit with Slicer Tools or something that kills my entire gameplan. Gunnery Team is a staple so nobody can load up on one hull zone, and I need at least A LITTLE bit of dice-fixing, given that the SSD is the only way I'll kill anything. So LTT it is. I'll have issues with squadrons, so I tacked on Quad Laser Turrets. But didn't have the points for Point Defense Reroute, which troubles me.

Ultimately, I'm fairly certain I will need to drop Projection Experts off of the Interdictor so I can add Point Defense Reroute to the SSD, or some other such. But I like the idea of being able to toss shields over to the SSD so it can keep ticking. But if I'm counting on Projection Experts to save me, I'm likely already on my back foot and in trouble. Plus, any savvy opponent will likely target the Interdictor in order to neuter Konstantine. So it's unlikely it can afford to send any shields over to my SSD anyhow. Even as I'm writing that now, I'm wondering how I thought I was going to be able to simply toss shields over to the SSD and survive long enough after that...Again, this is a terrible idea. But I did promise to share *all* of my fleets with y'all, so, here we are.

My objective choice are probably clear enough: Rift Assault offers another way to punish opponents with speed antics. Contested Outpost and Doomed Station with an SSD are just great for either scoring objective tokens at will, or dictating where the battle will happen. I'm happy either way...until I get stomped with this nonsense fleet, that is...

Comments