General Dodonna Fleet - Home One

 General Dodonna Fleet - Home One


Let's start with the list itself, shall we? Quick note: If you're familiar with the most excellent Armada Fleets Designer app, then you'll be familiar with the format of the fleet list. If not, then you should know that the numbers in the parentheses next to the fleet name are as follows - number of points invested in squadrons/total number of fleet points/maximum number of fleet points.

Home One (47/400/400)

=====================


MC80 Command Cruiser (106 + 35: 141)

· General Dodonna (20)

· Reserve Hangar Deck (3)

· Quad Battery Turrets (5)

· Home One (7)


Modified Pelta-class Assault Ship (56 + 6: 62)

· Intensify Firepower! (6)


Hammerhead Scout Corvette (41 + 9: 50)

· Reserve Hangar Deck (3)

· Slaved Turrets (6)


Hammerhead Scout Corvette (41 + 9: 50)

· Reserve Hangar Deck (3)

· Slaved Turrets (6)


Hammerhead Scout Corvette (41 + 9: 50)

· Reserve Hangar Deck (3)

· Slaved Turrets (6)


Malee Hurra (26)

3 x Z-95 Headhunter Squadron (3 x 7)


Close-Range Intel Scan

Fire Lanes

Volatile Deposits 


This is my attempt to ensure that every shot from a ship can land at least one hit (Intensify Firepower!), one crit (Malee), and one Accuracy (Home One, which Home One can't actually do for itself). The least likely bit of this combination is Malee simply because my squadron presence is so...well, negligible. But I figure the combination of Z-95s and Reserve Hangar Deck (4 RHD in total!) will help keep bombers off my ships. And if they spring Malee to do some work, I'm thrilled.


The rest of the build is pretty straightforward. My MC-80 is a pretty conservative build. Since I'm hoping to trigger crits, I went with Dodonna so I could steer those crits in the direction that best serves me. Quad Battery Turrets adds the most reliable die in the game as long as my opponent is moving faster than I am, while the Home One title lets me do the thing.

The Pelta is completely bare bones, fielding only IF! to bolster the reliability of my red dice. The Hammerheads all have RHDs to keep my Z-95s limping along, and I decided on Slaved Turrets because I really only want to shoot from the front anyway. And if I'm flakking, something is probably very wrong. 4 red dice is nothing to sneeze at. I don't have any rerolls, of course. But if the fleet works as it is supposed to, I'll have at least one hit, one Accuracy, and one crit. I *only need* one die to actually behave itself and roll something useful. 1 in 4 red dice? I'm willing to take my chances on that.

My objectives feel pretty straightforward as well. Close Range Intel Scan, given that I have automatic accuracies. My opponent will rarely sacrifice two of them for ten points, but given that I'm guaranteed one with every attack as long as Home One stays alive, I'll often be happy to trade one Accuracy for 10 points. Especially because I'm counting on the number of attacks to take down my opponent. I'm rarely going at anyone with a big swing and hoping they go down. I've got an MC-80, so yeah, Fire Lanes feels like it'll force my opponent into a confrontation one way or the other. Volatile Deposits is a big question mark, but I need to fly the objective more to get better at it anyway, so why not? Look, I've built around having guaranteed crits (to a degree, anyway), so having a scoring objective that also gives me AOE feels like it's at least worth a shot. Plus, they have to get inside blue range to trigger it against me, which theoretically means I can get them into overlapping fields of red dice fire. I'm willing to fly this several times to see what happens.

I feel like this is kind of a faux pas because I don't have any B-Wings in this fleet, and I can't help but think of Geek19 over at CGYSO drawing the parallel between B-Wings and turtles. But it also felt too appropriate to pass up.

Comments