Luminara Unduli Fleet - Silver Lining

 Luminara Unduli Fleet - Silver Lining


Let's start with the list itself, shall we? Quick note: If you're familiar with the most excellent Armada Fleets Designer app, then you'll be familiar with the format of the fleet list. If not, then you should know that the numbers in the parentheses next to the fleet name are as follows - number of points invested in squadrons/total number of fleet points/maximum number of fleet points.


Silver Lining (97/396/400)

==========================


Venator I-class Star Destroyer (90 + 51: 141)

· Luminara Unduli (25)

· Clone Captain Silver (4)

· Ordnance Experts (4)

· All Fighters, Follow Me! (5)

· Expanded Hangar Bay (5)

· Assault Concussion Missiles (5)

· Tranquility (3)


Pelta-class Transport Frigate (45 + 19: 64)

· Bomber Command Center (8)

· Projection Experts (6)

· TB-73 (5)


Armed Cruiser (37 + 10: 47)

· Projection Experts (6)

· External Racks (4)


Armed Cruiser (37 + 10: 47)

· Projection Experts (6)

· External Racks (4)


Anakin Skywalker [yrep] (19)

Axe (17)

Kickback (16)

3 x ARC-170 Starfighter Squadron (3 x 15)


Rift Assault

Fleet in Being

Infested Fields


I know I wanted to try out this fleet because I had marked it with a star in the fleets designer app. But I also know that I'm looking back on it, and I can't entirely remember what my plan was for flying it!

I think it's obvious from a first glance that I plan on making the Venator exceedingly difficult to kill, and that I plan on bending my Venator and bomber squadrons toward ripping up ships. Luminara (my clear favorite Republic commander) helps support my endeavors by keeping ships and ace squadrons alive longer than they should. The Pelta and both Consulars are sporting Projection Experts, and those extra shields combined with Tranquility should be an absolute pain to chew through. I'm hopeful that Clone Captain Silver will also help the Venator survive by allowing me to close fast, slow down for an attack run, then get out of there without my having to worry about whether or not my dials or tokens will allow for such choices.

I once more fall prey to my desire to field ARC fighters, so I roll out the Venator-I so it can equip All Fighters, Follow Me! (AFFM!) I didn't feel like fitting Hyperspace Rings in there, so I'm counting on a fleet command to position the ARCs instead. Because it's the Venator-I, I set it up with Expanded Hangar Bay so it can command 4 of my 6 squadrons, and then I settle on Ordnance Experts and Assault Concussion Missiles to complement my bombers. Unfortunately, this means I'm flying a big ole' Christmas tree. But since I plan on protecting said investment, I feel a little better about it than I normally would.

"To the King!!"

The Consulars are there as support and deterrents, so they have External Racks in addition to Projection Experts. I LOVE the TB-73 title with Luminara, and I am certain I'm not alone in said adoration. Bomber Command Center (BCC) is a must if I'm counting on my red and blue bomber dice to win me the day, so onto the Pelta it goes!

This doesn't leave a ton of room on points for my squadrons, and even if it did, I couldn't afford to command them all. So while I really like "Odd Ball" and I'm already invested in ARCs, I decide Anakin is the better choice to lead the 3 ARC bombers, and I pair them with the two V-19 aces, "Axe" and "Kickback." I think both of them are really strong and get even stronger with Luminara.

I think Rift Assault can backfire on me fairly easily, but I won't be certain until I play it a bunch of times. This fleet really dislikes accuracies (particularly my Venator), but I also like the damage and point potential, so I'd rather try it a couple of times before replacing it. Especially because it's not an objective that's widely used, so my familiarity with it could often be an advantage. Fleet in Being feels like a solid insurance policy. And Infested Fields is an easy choice for me here because I've got the squadrons and don't much feel as though my fleet is flexible enough for the majority of navigational objectives. A lot of these require being able to switch up formations on the fly, go out of your way to pick up a token, etc. I don't know that I can afford such choices with this fleet simply because my eggs really are all in one basket with that Venator. So the easier I make it for myself to stick to my plans, the better. This reasoning is my primary concern about Rift Assault backfiring.

Comments