Bail Organa Fleet - Triangle Cactus

 Bail Organa Fleet - Triangle Cactus


Let's start with the list itself, shall we? Quick note: If you're familiar with the most excellent Armada Fleets Designer app, then you'll be familiar with the format of the fleet list. If not, then you should know that the numbers in the parentheses next to the fleet name are as follows - number of points invested in squadrons/total number of fleet points/maximum number of fleet points.


Triangle Cactus (88/398/400)

============================


Venator I-class Star Destroyer (90 + 54: 144)

· Bail Organa (28)

· Veteran Captain (3)

· Ordnance Experts (4)

· Take Evasive Action! (6)

· Assault Concussion Missiles (5)

· Swivel-Mount Batteries (8)


Acclamator I-class (66 + 17: 83)

· Ordnance Experts (4)

· Assault Concussion Missiles (5)

· Swivel-Mount Batteries (8)


Acclamator I-class (66 + 17: 83)

· Ordnance Experts (4)

· Assault Concussion Missiles (5)

· Swivel-Mount Batteries (8)


4 x V-19 Torrent Squadron (4 x 12)

4 x BTL-B Y-wing Squadron (4 x 10)


Station Assault

Contested Outpost

Doomed Station


I was messing with what a sort of phalanx formation might look like, and this is what I came up with. I basically have three ships that are not particularly maneuverable or nimble, bristling with weapons. In this case, all three of them are tossing black dice and ACMs from long range with the help of Ordnance Experts for rerolls. As is always the case, the Venator and Acclamators all want to be doing multiple things at once. They really want to Concentrate Fire to increase the number of black dice as well as increase the chances of ACMs triggering. But they'd also like to command some of those V-19s to engage enemy squadrons or some of those Y-Wings to go on bombing runs.

Republic Y-Wings, Rebel Y-Wings, either way...

But as we all know, I can't shoot anything if I don't have guns on the target, and neither of these ships do that well without help or an obliging target. I won't count on the latter, so I'll have to employ the former. Which means I'll be counting on the services of one Admiral Tarkin or one Senator Bail Organa. I really like Republic Tarkin, but he can't help all my ships turn better, so I'll be rolling with Bail. I also equip Take Evasive Action (TEA)! so I don't have to be to conservative with Bail's dials if I need a small adjustment that doesn't require a whole navigation dial. I developed an appreciation for Veteran Captain during my experiments with Emperor Palpatine, so I've got him on the Venator as a cheap way to fuel TEA!

I chose my Objectives in the hopes of supporting a slow and clunky fleet. So Station Assault means I get to dictate where the battle happens while also basically insisting my opponent split their fire. Contested Outpost and Doomed Station sort of fit in that same mold, I think. And with Doomed Station, TEA and Bail Organa will help me keep up with it, score off it, then get out of there before the Gravity Rift locks me down.

Comments