We'll Meet Again...Don't Know Where...Don't Know When...

We'll Meet Again...Don't Know Where...Don't Know When...

I haven't seen the new one yet, but the old one still hits for me.

For now, this is me signing off. I love games and still play them whenever I can. I love sharing my passion, thoughts, and debriefs here and in-person. But it's been harder to maintain this blog regularly since I started working full-time and since I start my graduate program in a week and a half, I imagine it'll only become more difficult.

I've always written this for myself more than for anyone else. After all, there are countless resources out there if you're into board games! Writing this blog has been a way for me to stay connected to the hobby I love when I'm not gaming as much as I'd like, but also a way for me to connect with folks as well as keep writing. That said, after a couple of years and 250-some-odd posts later, I don't really feel as though I've connected on any new levels with folks through this blog. Which is totally cool! But it also means that some of the reasons why I started and maintained this blog aren't particularly relevant, in which case, I'm kinda shouting into the void. And sometimes we need that! But it also need not be continuous if the need subsides.

Maybe I'll write here again at some point. I'm not taking the blog down or anything. I'm just gonna walk away for awhile and see how it feels. If you've been reading all along, I thank you. It's been a real joy to share gaming with all of you. If you haven't been reading all along, feel free to go back and read some posts from the past - it's not all brilliant, but there's some good stuff here and there! Take care of you and your loved ones, be present, stay creative, and don't shy away from sharing your love and kindness with other people. Afford yourself some grace, apologize often enough that you don't withhold apologies to preserve your pride, and may you-

Comments